Note this process is only applicable to specific units, there is no need to perform these steps unless directed by uAvionix.
To update the pingEFB PID/VID perform the following steps:
For Windows Users:
1. Download FT Prog http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#FT_PROG
2. Install FT Prog by launching the downloaded installer.
3. Download the pingEFB Template here: https://uavionix.com/downloads/pingefb/PingEFB-FTDI.xml (Right Click Save As)
4. Connect pingEFB to your PC using a USB cable.
7. The pingEFB device should populate in the left hand column. You should see the following entries FT X Series, Product ID: 0x6015, Product Description FT230X Basic UART.
The following steps should only be completed on this device entry. If you have any questions contact us via support.
14. You may now disconnect the device and attach it to your Raspberry Pi running Stratux. A power cycle is recommended.